Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Day 1- 30 Day Shred

Another blog about fitness and what to do and how to lose it. Nah, I'm not one of those people. I have a really hard time staying on a diet and keeping track as to what I eat, I also hate exercising and well I like food. I love to cook and I have a personal bond with food in general. It makes me happy, meals are associated with good conversations, friends, family warmth. Why would I have a bad relationship with food? 
Anyway, what I can say is that I am not happy with the way I look. I feel very out of shape and not my personal best. I have tried fad diets like "The Sacred Heart Diet", I have even ordered Nutrisystem. Honestly, I can't really stay on a diet long enough to achieve results. After trying to do the Sacred Heart diet I thought to myself. I can eat better and exercise and try to achieve results slowly and see what happens instead of worrying if a fad diet can make me lose weight, I try the old fashion way of doing things.

Today, July 16th, 2014 I promised myself 30 days of eating better and exercising more. 

As for my exercise, I'm gonna follow fitness professional Jillian Michaels in her 30 days Shred since this is a 30 day blog. Basically you do a 30 minute workout for 30 days level, 1, 2, 3 for ten days each. I have only done level one before for 2 or 3 days and then quit. My goal is to at least do it for 5 days and maybe on day 6 I'll take a rest day but if at all possible do all 10 days in a row. It's only 30 minutes so its very possible to do this on daily basis. 

As for my diet. This is gonna be the fun part. I love to eat especially foods that are not exactly healthy like pizza, pasta, beer, and even sweets. I don't want to cut things out but I am gonna limit myself to them. 

I weighed myself yesterday, Tuesday, July 15th and I was 144.8 lbs
Again I don't want this to be a crazy competition about how much weight I lose I just want to try to see if I change my lifestyle a little will it make an impact and how much. I will only weight myself once a week. I will weight myself on Tuesday mornings before eating anything. 


Here are some pictures of what I look like on a regular day. 



I will also try to post pictures every week on Wednesday to see if there are any visible changes in my appearance. 

I know this week I have a date with my friend to go get a a Rice Ball and some Bubble Tea at a Japanese store and I don't want to ruin my date because of diet constraints. Again, we all have commitments and things we need to do and eating 1 "bad" thing doesn't really do any damage just make sure you continue with the workouts and also make sure you don't continue on the path of destruction. 

I'll be happy if I lose a few pounds and I'll be even happier if I don't gain any. 

No comments:

Post a Comment